Monday, June 7, 2010

Marriage Advice for Jehan

Where has time gone? It seems like yesterday that I wrote on this blog. By now, I imagine, most of my loyal following are worried (?) about me and wonder (?) of my whereabouts and possibly are concerned (?) about my physical well-being.

Not to fear, though, I am alive and well in the Nation's Capitol! The president asked me to surreptiously come to the DC to give hime advice on how to handle crisis, and to possibly to get the Baltimore Orioles on the winning track. He saw, however, that opinions are like sphincters...everybody has one, and most smell. The Orioles, I am afraid, are hopeless this year.

I have found out here, though, a friend in a three year old chocolate lab named Ella. Ella is the dog of my "nephew" Jehan and his new wife Lyndsey, the real reason I came to DC. They got married last weekend in a beautiful ceremony in the Visual Arts Museum in Baltimore, just off the Inner Harbor. The reception was there, also.

While at the ceremony, I found myself tearing up. Not because it was sad (It was a beautiful ceremony) but rather because I found myself reflecting on my own marriage. I wasn't crying because I have had very happy, marriage for 35 years to a wonderful woman.

I tried to give Jehan some advice for his marriage. (1) Always remember--- What is hers is hers, and what is yours is, well, hers. (2) When you first get up in the morning, tell her, "You are beautiful, and Ilove you." When you go to bed, tell, "You are beautiful and I love you." And at least three time during the day, say, "I love you." and give her a kiss and a hug. (Even if she does not want it,)

Finally, like Ella, rub her belly once in a while, and she will be your friend for life.

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment