Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Ok, if you don't want to read about mothers, it's time to stop reading now.

I have been blessed through out my life to have had a mother who was loving, kind, gentle, and trusting. Many of you folks who read this blog know of my mom Alta, and how super she was. I use the past tense here, because she is gone. But I really should use the present tense, because she is still with me. All our mothers are. We cannot escape them.

Mom was a real sweetie. She had a hard life, yet she always wore a smile and tried her best to please everyone. Her smile and laugh was infectious and she did both easily. I messed up a lot when I first started driving, and all she would say was, "Are you all right? I can replace a car, but not you." Mom was always there when my heart got broken and she always reminded me that the woman that would love me was just around the corner. She was right.

The night I brought my wife Dorothy home to meet her, Mom took me aside before we went out to dinner and said, "She's a keeper. You better not let this one get away." I didn't.

When we are looking for a mate, we either find one that is just like our mom or dad, or we find one that is the antithesis. I didn't really mean to, but I found the woman that was like my mom.

Dorothy has always been the best mom. She raised the James and Debi, I was just there for the beginning. She has wiped noses and butts, cleaned scraped knees, and healed bruised egos that Dad fractured.

Mother's Day is especially nice to celebrate because I have had two wonderful women in my life to raise me.

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment