Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Catchin Up and Pushing off.

I just realized that I have not written since July 26; where does time go? I mean, just yesterday I was writing, playing touron host, and going about my business of selling books. And I lost the writing part. Man, am I a slacker or what?

But in my defense, it was hot those three weeks; deadly hot. Fry an egg on my front walk hot. I know, I did it. Fat guys like me have a tendency to go into hibernation and stay in the AC all day, except when we are out in the air conditioned car tooling around. Being out without a hat can fry one's brain cells easily and I have little left to cook. But now that cooler weather (and heads) are occurring, I should be able to get back in the swing. Heck, I got up today at 7AM, took a shower, and kissed my wife good bye as she headed out to school, I think I can handle doing some writing.

The sale of my book, Growing Up Doughnut has been going well all summer. I say that, but I really have no idea how many copies I have sold. Seems that the release of the book was early in the reporting period, so I get no report until Amazon, Barnes and Noble and any other distributor reports to my publisher late this month. I guess it it doing well, though, as the book remains in the top 1/3 on Amazon, and is rated in the top 75,000 on BN. I know, that sounds like it is way down there, but the shear volume of books sold on those sights is in the millions.

I am getting ready to go back to Central Illinois on Labor Day Weekend. I will make a sincere attempt to let you folks know what is happening, but I make no promises. I have quite a few speaking engagements, TV Appearances (the Hubble is in line at the right time) and book signings. I will get to spend some time with some friends, my big brother (who is much smaller than me now) and see some sights.

Once that is finished, then it is back to the grind of writing the next part of the Saga of "Growing Up Doughnut" and I am doing a couple other things, also.

BTW...(I seldom use text symbols) have you heard the sounds of school yet around your house? I found the silence almost eerie now that Dorothy is gone for the day. And the anticipation of her return home so I can hear the stories of the day is almost too much to take. This is what it must be like for parents with children in school.

Maybe we need to have more kids....Rod Stewart did, and he is 65!

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment