Monday, February 22, 2010

My Government Sponsored Colonoscopy

Beware the Ides of April!

If I was a character in a Shakespeare play, the soothsayer might say that to me today. The Ides of April, for those not in the know, is April 15---TAX DAY! Every month has an ides, and this one is especially noteworthy.

In the past two months, doctors have probed every opening in my body in an effort to see why I am so tired and listless; why I have no energy. Today, after going to my tax guy (every one has one, don't they?) I found out that I make $30,000 dollars LESS than last year ( I retired, remember?) and I OWE $4000! If we were in football, I would tell you that is a 6000 point swing. I am now on permanent defense. Where is my stimulus.... I fall into the cracks of every group!

I understand that I have to pay for the good life I enjoy in the US, but I did not expect to have to repay the entire national debt! Talk about Health Care Reform!!??? I just got a major colonoscopy without any sedation! No one gave me flowers, or talked nice to me. or took me out to dinner... they just took me...And believe it or not, I am in the lowest tax bracket!

In some countries (including this one), people are arrested for this. I bet that there are government officials that will receive a refund.

I would call Home Depot for a job, but that would only increase my income and make me owe more taxes....it is a vicious circle that needs to be broken.

Read My lips.... Flat Tax! Everybody...15 percent of what you make...no deductions. For anyone. No corporate tax deductions, no church deductions no deductions for groups. Everyone enjoys the fruits of the empire, everyone should pay.

I have solved one problem today.... tomorrow I rant and rave and solve the eduction dilemma

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment