Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Time Draws Nigh

Pitchers and Catchers! Yeah, baby!

That signals the official start to Spring Training, 2010! This weekend the rest of the team members come to town and things get started with a bang! The temps will be flying up into the low 80s the winds will die down, and clouds will dissipate. Baseball returns to the menu of things to do here in the Valley of the Sun!

And, just in time to take a break, I have finished my book, "Growing up Doughnut" and am almost ready to send it to the printer. Then you folks better be watching Oprah, and Cspan Book Report.

I have been trying to give you glimpses of the book so the buzz starts happening well in advance of the actual printing. Kind of like waiting for that next Batman movie, or another sequel to Harry Potter. My mission is to have everyone thinking Doughnut. That, my friends, is the new buzz word.... DOUGHNUT! Spread the word, wrap it around your tongue and leave a hole. I want you to get a mental image of what someone called "doughnut" might look like, then take a quick look at my profile picture... imagine me 40-45 years ago, with a flat top, gapped buttons on my shirt, and overalls that are rolled up on the bottoms so I can wear them longer.

Trials, tribulations, heart ache, and some very inane stunts mark my life. You will recognize me and yourself. Look for it this spring, thanks to my editor, Suzie Dayton!

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment