Friday, March 12, 2010

Facebook Fiend

What a wonderful day here in the Valley of the Sun! And it is that today as spring training raves on and Mr. Sunshine takes centerfield for a while.

I have been spending a lot of time on Facebook lately. I find it captivating to see and talk to others whom I have lost track of over the years, and to stay connected with some of my younger students. The problem is the amount of time that I spend on it.

I have around 1000 friends on this social networking site. I try to check in on someone that I have not seen in a long time once a week. Do you know how long it takes just to peruse the list? This is addictive and I need an intervention. I can't stop myself though.

I have friends from high school, college, from Morning Sun, Iowa; Hoopeston; Paxton; the East Coast; West Coast; Canada; South America...I think you get the picture. Information addiction is what I have. And I can't get enough because of my "friends."

I get on first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I spend my lunch on Facebook, but I have not lost weight. I just keep gaining while I sit in a dark room and stare at the illuminated screen that mesmerizes and astounds me.

One thing I don't do on Facebook. Applications. I don't farm, play Mafia Wars, or do anything like that. My God, if I did, I wouldn't get ANYTHING done! Just keeping up with you guys is enough. Don't overload me. My inbox is full.

I vow that after my book is out on the market this summer, Iwill take a break. Until then, keep those status updates coming!

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment