Monday, March 8, 2010

Global warming? I think not!

Where has the sun gone? We have not had a sunny Sunday for almost three weeks now here in the Valley of the Sun. Yesterday it rained almost an inch and in the high country, they go almost 12 inches... of SNOW!

We went to Prescott yesterday to help Dorothy's brother pack his apartment. He is going to Tucson soon to have his left leg amputated from an injury he received in the military. We got up early and saw a rainbow on our way there. After about 2 hours of packing, we noticed these big flakes coming down. Since I did not see a bright flash, I assumed it was snow. I was right. We hopped in the car and started for home. As we made Prescott Valley, the snow increased in intensity to blizzard conditions. My poor car had never seen a snow storm, and it was reluctant to continue, but we egged it on.

As we reached I-17 about 45 minutes later, the snow turned to rain. Once we dropped down to about 25oo feet in elevation, the precipitation stopped, and low and behold, another rainbow appeared. The views of the mountains getting snow were fantastic as the clouds hung close to the sides.

I had a high school friend, Don Smith, and his wife Lisa arriving from Illinois for some R&R and warm weather, so I went to the airport to get them. As I pulled out onto my street, I looked up and there was a DOUBLE RAINBOW! Surely good things would come to them as they landed.
It was not to be, though, as we got more rain in the evening...about an inch. We have had more rain so far this year, than we did in all last year.

They took off this morning exploring AZ, and hoping to find some sunshine. We'll find out when they return on Wednesday for the Cubs game.

I have one question about all this.... Where is the Global Warming? I have had my heat on 10 times more than I did last year!

Al, what's up?

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment