Friday, March 19, 2010

Master of My Domain!

I slipped through the Ides of March, unlike Caesar, and survived St. Paddy's Day, but I am afraid that March Madness may get the best of me.

I should be out in the yard trimming bushes, pulling weeds, and raking rocks, but somehow I get mesmerized by the TV as basketballs starts. I don't follow college basektball a great deal during the year; afterall, we get ASU and UA games, but really have to search ESPN for something more concrete when it comes to good basketball. I did suffer through some Illini games on Big Ten Network and ESPNU, but the East Coast teams and the rest of the Big Ten sometimes eluded me. So, my brackets are empty for the first time in almost 35 years.

But, this weekend, I am settling in for some serious tube hoops. The NIT, NCAA, women's ball, it all is on this weekend and I am in some serious trouble. If I don't get my yard weeded, then I may have to mow instead of rake. It is serious business out here, the raking. My rocks are messy because people walk across my yard (it cannot be called a lawn because it lacks grass) leaving little meteor craters in it. The neighbors look at the "poor old Shields' yard" and give a sigh as if we are some kind of vagrant who has be tolerated, but not really seen.

I'm just a procrastinator. If I don't get it done today, it will be there tomorrow. I am retired with the emphasis on "tired". I can do what I want, when I want. I am the master of my domain!

What's that, dear? Yes, Iwill be right in to do dishes.

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment