Sunday, July 12, 2009

Handy man Daddy to the rescue!

It has been a couple days since I sat down at the computer to write. I have not been slouching, though, but rather helping my daughter with her new nest.

It is time for the birds to fly the coop. My children are moving out of my house next week and we have been cleaning and repairing the new abode to help speed the process. I love both of my children. They are probably my best friends here in AZ. Both they and we have been looking forward to the day, though, when they move out.

If you bring your kids up right, there should come a time when you can let them go, knowing that they will return for more than just money. My kids will be close by. Not close enough that we have to lock the doors, but we will have to set some ground rules for them to come over and for us to visit them. For one, they should call before dropping by, and we should do likewise. They might be embarassed if they drop in unannounced, and we might find their house dirty or not picked up (heaven forbid!)

I tell you this to warn you that the next few days may be a little erratic in the posting department. But hang with me while I put in toilets, paint, repair electrical outlets, wash floors, and just generally get to be Handyman Daddy!

Hopefully, when all is done and they are moved in. I can start my projects here at our house with all my appendages!

Doughnut

1 comment:

  1. What a good Handyman Daddy you are!!! Good luck with all of the projects AND the big move and reorgainization of your own home! I'll be checking on the progress here.

    ReplyDelete