Tuesday, August 18, 2009

News on the Novel Front

The wind whistled through the crack in the door and the dog howled at the open window.

Not a bad start for a mystery story, you think? Has all the elements: gains and captures the attention, inspires some hair on the back of the neck to rise. Makes the reader want to read on and see what see what happens. All great novels and stories do this.

I am presently working on a novel, but it is not a mystery novel. It is what is called a creative non-fiction novel. This means that it is fiction based on fact. I deal with living in a small town in Central Illinois during the 60s and 70s. Some of the incidents happened to me, but some happened to others, and I attach them to my personna. It makes me seem a lot more interesting than I am. But it tries to attain a certain simplicity that was those times.

From time to time, I will give you updates on the book. To get ahead of the curve, though, you might want to look up Hoopeston, Illinois. Those of you that live in Central Illinois know about Cornjerkerland already, those that don't are in for a surprise. Oh, and look up doughnuts...it will make your mouth water.

I hope to have the book done by the end of September. I should be on track unless I do something like get a real job.

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment