Friday, December 4, 2009

Early Morning Thoughts

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not, but the days are shorter right now. That means that the sun rises later and sets earlier. I found this out this morning when I got up at 6AM to take one of my many trips to the bathroom that I take overnight. I thought the time was around four, but it was six! And suddenly I found myself wide awake. There were things to do, people to see, money to spend.

I had been thinking that my internal clock was off. For 55 years I had turned to the clock back in fall; but this winter I did not. Now, I am constantly on Central time while the rest of AZ is on some time other than that. I don't know what time zone I am in. I gets dark earlier and that throws me off. I can see why old people come out here, they think they are getting more sleep because they go to Sizzler when it gets dark for dinner, then off to bed! What they don't realize is that it is only 5:30. (Ok, it just took me five tries to find the shift key, I kept hitting the Enter key. Damn darkness.)

When I looked out the window, I saw the most beautiful full moon so early in the day. It was so bright, I could have worked in the yard at that time. In defference to my neighbors, though, I refrained and intead, sat down to pound out this. (Which I am doing by the light of the screen, because I don't want to wake up my wife. She is the bread winner now!)

The overnight temperature here in the Valley reached a low of 37. That is pretty cold, but the desert does strange things. Last year, we had our pipes freeze for the first time in our marriage. (I am referring to our water pipes, not my pipes) It was really goofy. I mean, I have lived where the temps got down to below freezing many times, and NEVER have the pipes in my house frozen! But they did last winter. I should probably move back to the midwest.

The golden orb of day will rise soon, and I have rocks to rake and a spa to put in. I bought my wife a hot tub for Christmas. I feel better about her using one during winter out here than I did back when we lived in Illinois. She was constantly out in that hot tub every night. Even when it snowed. But now, I feel better about it. I don't have to shovel the snow!

I hope you all have a great day. Remember---Where you are at, is where you are!

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment