Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flat Stanly in Sedona

We went to church today, then left for an afternoon in Sedona, the magnetic center of the universe. Along with us were our two offspring and a flat friend by the name of Stanley. The kids took up room and cost me money, but we had a great time laughing and, as usual, making fun of me. Stanley took up no space, cost me no money, but he did not say much; he just sat there in my wife's purse with that happy face on him, constantly waving. He was oblivious to what was going on and still he was having a great time.




We stopped in Sedona at Bell Rock and Jim took Stanley's picture looking like he was holding Bell Rock. Stanley, in his usual way, was more than happy to pose for others that wanted his picture in their vacation shots. We laughed about Stanley, and we made some new acquaintances.


We told Stan that Sedona is known for UFO sightings and so he wanted to see a UFO. We could not really stay to wait and hope for a real one, so we stopped in a little shop just inside of Sedona where there is a replica of what an alien spaceship might look like. Stan just had to have his picture taken with the "Alien".

While he was doing this, I listened to a conversation in the store between the shop keeper and a customer. They discussed the idea that Sedona has an area similar to Area 51 outside it which houses UFOs and has been the site of many encounters with alien ships and happenings where an alter dimension (Ala Fringe
) has happened.
As a matter of fact, if you take a close look to the right of Stan in the picture, you can see the shadow of someone watching him! (Cue Twilight Zone music here)
On the way home, Stanley almost got to experience a high speed wreck when we were traveling down the I-17. We were going about 75 miles per hour passing another car, and were just about to get even with it. In my rear view mirror, I spied an orange Pontiac Solstice coming up on us at an extremely high speed. I thought he would slow down, but he didn't. He tried to pass us on the right and then made a move to go between us as if we were on a NASCAR track. There was not enough room and only dropoff to either side. I slammed on the breaks, and the Jerk (sorry, it got me riled just thinking about it) whipped in front of us, almost clipping the right front of our car and causing a pile up. I layed on my horn, flashed my lights, but, (get this) he put his hand out the window and waved!!!! And where is DPS when you need them?
Anyway, the day was relaxing for the most part and certainly enjoyable. If Flat Stanley did not have a good time, he certainly did not say anything.
doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment