Saturday, April 17, 2010

Playoff Season

That crazy time of year is here again. It happens about twice a year. No, I am not talking about changes of seasons; that happens more than twice. And, no, I am not thinking of my sex life, my birthday is in August and Christmas is still a long way away. I am speaking of play-off season! WOO WOO! That time of year when some sports are gearing up, while others are concluding.

Playoff season is here for hockey ( who cares?) and pro basketball ( again, who cares?) Oh, for those of you that read the sarcasm, that was not me talking, that was Bad Don. You see, Bad Don has no feeling for these two events. He thinks they go on way too long. The NBA just started their playoffs and will not finish with a champion until June sometime! By that time, it will be time to start training camp again.

And Hockey? Even Good Don has a hard time watching that. Both the Dons feel that hockey it tantamount to NASCAR on ice. We can't follow the puck (better watch my fingers, there) and we have a hard time with the rules. Really, in NASCAR guys can bump each other like in hockey, but they get mad when someone does, but you don't see them throw their helmets and gloves and duke it out, they just run into each other at 150 miles per hour. In hockey, the teams skate very fast, collide with each other, throw off the gloves, and assault each other, but no one goes to jail.

The NBA needs to get more of a clue. The playoffs go way too long and really, do we need a best of whatever to decide who the winner is? When we were kids, we only used that if we lost and then we'd scream, "Best two out of three!" and if we lost again, "Best three out of five!" Come on, be men. Step up and make it one and done! Winner advances. But, then again, they do have to pay salaries, don't they?

I'll watch both on tape delay. That way I can zip through the commercials and the really boring spots, like Doug Collins commentary. And I can laugh when I make the hockey players pick up their gloves, or skate backwards really fast.

Where's curling when you need it? No, wait... I have the Cubs to abuse me for a while....

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment