Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Whacky

I am definitely out of whack.

This morning, I was in my office catching up on email and Face book (I do not do Farmville, though) and the TV was playing in my office. Just noise, but it is good to every now and then catch up on what it happening in the world (Just in case someone tries to send me one of those forwarded emails that are supposed to wake me up to what is happening in the world by giving me a false story about something…)

Just as I got up from my chair to go get more coffee from the kitchen, (God, it is good to commute to work inside my own house!) a story about get-a-ways to Sedona was ending on the TV in my office. As I rounded the corner into the kitchen, the story ended again. DÉJÀ VU? No, my two TV’s seem to be separated by a delay of about ten seconds! This really astounded me… I mean, how can one signal to two TV’s be separated by such a large amount of time?

What if there was a break in the space-time contiuum and I actually was able to move through time backwards ten seconds? I mean, I could take back stupid things I say or do before I say or do them! Arguments with my wife would be narrowed down to nothing. Or, I could do other things over and over until I get them right.

If I developed quickness (at this stage of life, that is doubtful), could make bets with my kids after I know the outcome. Or I could go to Laughlin and make a killing! The possibilites are endless.

Television and movies lead us to believe that if we change the past, we change the present or the future. But, if the past is changed, then the present and future never know anything else, so there is really no change.

But would I really change the past? No, all my great friends, experiences are a part of me. To change them would be to change me. And I am about as lovable as one fat guy can get.

If I could change something, though, I would not let that wagon tongue-thing drop on my head at an early age….

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment