Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Where every you are, that is where you are at.

What a great day! I have been perusing Facebook this morning, checking in on my peeps back in Illinois. I even called back to the local power company to check on a piece of mail and was able to talk to Mrs. Brown back there. She and the others told me that the cold, windy, rainy, snowy, truly miserable season is beginning back there. I paused for a second, gave thanks, and then smiled from ear to ear.

I know, I tend to gloat over the fact that I am rarely cold anymore. We have our air conditioning on until the temperature drops to below 90, which is usually near mid-October. Heat? We seem to store it up. Last year, we had our heat on in the house a total of one day. We use it in 10-15 minute spurts to take the chill out, then once the sun comes up, it goes off for the rest of the day. Sleeping is fantastic.

I made a comment a few blogs ago about how bad I felt for those who live in Denver, CO. Denver got SNOW on the next to last day of SUMMER. I am sorry, that is just not right. Justin Kingston emailed me and told that he would take the weather, the views, and the people of Denver any day of the year, and it was worth doing some shoveling. Denver averages sixty-one inches of snow, and that is a great deal of shoveling. Me? I feel it is easy to shovel sunshine.

Sure, Denver has snow-capped mountains, but there is nothing better than the Sonoran Desert at sunset with its majestic Saguaro Cactus opening its arms to the sky surrounded by a background of mountains. Did I mention that we get sunshine? Arizona, not Florida, is the true Sunshine State. With over 300 days of the golden rays, the state is a winter refuge for many snowbirds.

I have begun to get a glow, not a tan. It is kind of like that doughnut that is in the hot grease, gets that perfect color, and is still soft on the inside. Out here, I have a tough time sleeping. Not because I have some sleep disorder, but because I am excited to awaken and see the sun come up.

Where ever you are, though, is where you’re at. And that place is the current place for you. Enjoy.

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment