Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And So it Begins...

Yesterday was great. About a 10 on a scale of 1-10. The only thing that kept it from being totally a 10 was the fact that I had to throw on sweat pants early in the day to keep warm. Why the high rating? Well, for one, I got not one, but three new computers! The Best Buy Homemakeover deal was tremendous. And, since my laptop crashed with my book on it and the other computer in the house is approaching a five year life, my wife took pity on me and gave me an early Christmas present. Bless her heart. We will put off the hot tub until spring or at least new years....But don't tell her.

The other reason that yesterday was so great was the start of basketball season. ESPN is having 24 hours of non stop basketball! Talk about a basketball junkie's heaven! I even put off watching the Big Bang Theory until later. Thank God for DVR.

My former team, the PBL Lady Panthers basketball opened up with a win in a tourney last night. That excites me to no end. The team has a lot of seniors and Taylor Rubarts is someone that the major college coaches are missing out on. This young lady is somekind of basketball player, but since she is from a small town, no one notices her. Someone show this to a major program and get her a scholarship,will you?

The best part of yesterday, though, was talking ot my cousin, Sharon Watson in Rossville, Illinois. Sharon and I are only two years apart in age, and were close growing up . But I lost track of her when she got married and moved away. We re-engaged on Facebook and then talked yesterday for the first time in decades. She sounds great and her voice took me back. We vowed to talk often and visit soon.

One thing we found out about each other... We know our parents are watching over us. For her, she sees the number 842 almost every day somewhere. This was her parent's house number on Orange Street in Hoopeston. For me the number is 503, my first telephone number.

Weird,huh? More on that at another time.

But today, it's time to turn to hoops. Good luck to all, even Thad Matta, fellow Hoopestonite and coach at The Ohio State.

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment