Friday, January 29, 2010

He's Got Rhythm

Amazing, absolutely amazing. What is so amazing, you ask? Science is, that's what.

The week started out slowly with a colonscopy for me. No big deal, until I woke up with a Fox TV crew up my butt! I think they found out where Glen Beck and Michael Savage hang out, at least it felt like it. Dr. Savage probably should have done the procedure, although his medical credentials are not in that area. His master's degree in botany certainly explains his vegetative like remarks. And his Ph.D in epidemiology and nutrition sciences certainly qualify him to make such viral comments that sour on the stomach. Talk show host credentials? ________ But I digress....

The week ended with my brother getting rhythm. Literally. Jim had a heart problem and his heart would get out of rhythm. I told him all he needed was a little soul, that he just had to listen to more Aretha or Temptations. Maybe some Beyonce or Lil Wayne. It was the Country Music that was messing up his heart. But no, he had to go to some Doctor who claimed to be a cardiologist, but does not have his on radio talk show. This guy proposed that he be allowed to give my brother an electrical shock... kind of like you see on TV where the guys have paddles and they yell, "CLEAR" and then the paddles send out a shock, the guy jumps and sometimes the heart stops, sometimes it starts...

Anyway, this morning Jim let this doctor do his voodoo that he do so well... AND it worked. At last report, my brother was eating his breakfast comfortably. He said he feels like dancing and has this urge to watch Micheal Jackson videos. Peg, his wife, told me that since the procedure, he has kept drumming on the table. And finally, he is on beat... not off.

Great to have you back, Bro. I hear the musical "STOMP" is holding auditions in Pittsfield this week. You're a shoo in!

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment