Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tax Season...

It started yesterday...the season everyone hates and does not like to talk about. TAX SEASON!

The season of the witch... or switch... or stitch... when all the yearly anxiety comes to a head and we find out that all our hardwork goes out the window to support the government and other entities. We work almost six months a year for these people, and they get to go on the trip to Amsterdam at our expense. I heard yesterday that 200 members of Congress, Senate and their wives went to the hot air conference on global warming. They paid over 1000 dollars EACH to fly on military airplanes to get there. Is that considered an unreasonable charge? I want to know if any of them got spa treatments while they were there, played golf, went to the theatre on our dime.

I made about 1/3 less than I did last year. Afterall, I am fully retired now and this is my job. But, guess what? I may have to PAY this year. Last year, I paid the AZ Income Tax of 439 dollars. This year, I may owe TWICE that! And that is for a state that just sold it's State House to raise money and is closing almost all its state parks! What am I getting for my dollar? A legislature that argues and fights and can't come to grips with the smallest ideas like speed cameras.

The Feds are going to get a larger chunk, too. Remember, we made 1/3 less and are going to pay more! That is true tax relief for the middle class. I may have to take out a loan to pay my tax bill. Maybe I will go to one of the companies that got a bailout.

I retired early to be able to relax. I am more stressed now than ever before. I need to go back and get a real job, I guess. But now, I am over-qualified for most positions. And no one in broadcasting will speak to me out here. Welcome to the big city.

I know, I promised an excerpt from my book today...but I got fired up. Look for it tomorrow.

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment