Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Insurance Confusion Reigns (Rains)

Once again, I must admit, I am a slacker. I have been remiss in writing, and my brother let me know it last week. But, I have turned over a new leaf, and I will try to write something everyday. I don't want to write just anything, though. I want it to have substance..meaning... I want it to be life changing for you and an epiphany for me. Blogs are supposed to be musings, rants, stories, intellectual wanderings that offer an insight into humanity and the meaning of being human.


So, you're thinking, "BS" right?

OK, I confess. I was playing touron guide to my good friend George last week. We went all over the area: Tortilla Flats, Sedona, and just about everyby and highway around the Valley of the Sun. It was fun, but tiring. I had to take a day off to just catch up on being a tourist! Vacationing is hard work, and I don't see how people do it alot.

But, I am back at the old computer ready and raring to go. I am arguing with CIGNA about an insurance claim, but whoever I talk to gives me a different story. I am having a colonoscopy next week, but no one ever got it approved, so I called. Then I talked to the doctor's office AGAIN, and they told me that I did not need the okey dokey for the procedure. Now, I am totally confused. OH, for the good ol days of the HMO when I just went to see a doctor and never saw a bill! If that is what the universal healthcare is going to be like, bring it on! I am tired already of fighting with an insurance company where I CANNOT GO TALK TO SOMEONE IN PERSON!!! But, I can see where they do not want you to see the person you are talking to, you might be liable to reach across the desk at their ignorance!

No one, it seems, knows what my benefits are, not even me. The Republicans are ranting about not being able to read the entire healthcare bill? Try reading the benefits page of your own policy and then calling someone about it. They are trained to give you insurance double speak which ranks right up there with political talk. And, just like the two sides, they cannot offer you a straight answer. They will, " investigate the problem" and "get back to you." This means that they need time to get their "talking points" together so they can further confound me into being a moron (I don't need any help there.)

On the other hand, the sun is out for a while here in Phoenix... the big flood is coming later this week. So they say....

Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment